Social Security Disability
Home / Social Security Disability
Social Security Disability Lawyers
When it comes to Social Security disability, every individual has unique needs and circumstances involving their case. A majority of requests are initially denied (up to 90%), so it’s wise to consult a Social Security disability attorney to ensure that your claim is processed accurately and in as timely a manner as possible.
For the most part, there are two types of benefits that individuals are eligible for: Social Security disability and supplemental security. To determine one’s eligibility for Social Security disability benefits (SSDI), there are a series of questions to consider:
- Are you currently working? There are stringent laws pertaining to how much an individual makes in order to quality for SSDI. Otherwise, if they are unemployed, it is easier to qualify.
- Is your condition considered “severe?” Conditions are considered severe if they interfere with traditional work-related activities such as sitting, standing, walking, focusing or maintaining a pace necessary to perform one’s job.
- Is your condition listed under the “disabling conditions” per the Social Security Administration? If it is, you are probably qualified for benefits. If it is not, your condition will be examined to determine if it is equal to the severity of a similar condition that it is on the list.
- Can you perform the duties that you did before? For the most part, if your condition interferes with your ability to do the type of work that you did previously, Social Security may approve you for benefits. If it does not, you will probably be denied.
- Is there another type of work that you can perform? Given your condition, Social Security must decide if there’s another type of job that you can perform. A consideration of your age, education, past work and skills will be taken into account. Individuals that cannot adjust to another type of work or job will probably be approved for SSDI.
- Do you have health insurance?
As Social Security disability attorneys in North Charleston, Wern Lawyers is positioned to advocate for those requesting SSDI. We realize that this process is tedious and there are no guarantees. Do you need help with your claim? Call us today for a free evaluation and assistance regarding your application.
What Kind Of Help Do You Need?
The Social Security disability attorneys at Wern Lawyers can help you before your application is denied. What kind of help do you need? For a free review of your claim, contact us today.