Were you hurt on the job? Have you been unable to pay the medical bills that accrued while you were out of work because a workers’ compensation claim was denied? Have you racked up bills and lost wages? Help is available. South Carolina’s worker compensation laws give you rights when you have been injured at work.
Advocating for you, the workers’ compensation attorneys at Wern Lawyers have more than 30 years of experience helping people in situations just like yours. If your worker’s compensation claim has been denied, you have the right to appeal under South Carolina law. Before you file your appeal, it’s imperative to know why your claim may have been denied in the first place. Here are some of the common reasons that compensation is denied:
- An injury sustained at work is not always classified as a work-related injury. Evidence will be needed to support the claim.
- The claim was not filed within the required time frame as dictated by state law.
- The injury may not be legitimate or is a pre-existing condition.
- The injury may not be serious enough to prevent the person from working.
- The claim was denied outright as stalling tactic.
If your claim has been denied, we will go to work on your behalf. Our skilled team will research and investigate all the details of your injury or accident to learn why your claim was denied. If an insurer or employer is seeking more support to justify your claim, our team knows just what and how much information to provide and how to fight for the various benefits that are available to you. We have years of experience representing people who have been denied compensation in South Carolina. To see if your case has merit, call us to set up a free consultation to discuss the details of your injury. We look forward to working with you to get the compensation you deserve.
Posted on Behalf of Wern Lawyers